The Law Offices of Marvin Cable is known for providing favorable results. Attorney Cable’s work has lead to appearances in the media, such as ABC News, Fox News, Lawyer’s Weekly, Bloomberg Law, Boston Globe, and Hampshire Gazette.
Attorney Cable draws on his extensive resources, as well as from his associates, paralegals, private investigators, and other professionals, to provide top-quality legal representation.
Attorney Cable oversees all aspects of each case and will use various members of his team depending on the case. For large cases, there may be several associate attorneys assigned to the case. But, rest assured, Attorney Cable will represent each client though out out the entire case. No case is too large or too small for the firm.
The Law Offices of Marvin Cable is a law firm that practices a variety of different areas including:
Criminal Defense Attorney
Attorney Cable and his team use every tool available to provide each client unparalleled legal representation. The options for clients are only limited by client’s’ budget. Unlike a majority of other criminal defense attorneys, Attorney Cable is ready to incorporate expert witnesses, private investigators, cutting-edge technology, and other legal devices.
Attorney Cable has represented many criminal defendants over the years. Attorney Cable views each case, and each client as unique, and accordingly provide representation that is custom tailored to each client.
Attorney Cable is ready to provide legal services for business matters from start-up to wind-up. Attorney Cable has helped many businesses with their incorporation needs, as well as licensing, and other compliance matters. Very often for business clients, Attorney Cable advises with employment issues and contract matters. Also, very often, Attorney Cable advises certain laws apply to the various fields that the business practices in. And, since legal disputes often arise in the business realm, Attorney Cable and his team have been their to deal with the matter, sometimes to arbitration or law suit.
Intellectual Property Law
The Law Office of Marvin Cable is one few law offices that handles copyright and trademark issues. Copyright is one of Attorney Cable’s passions. In law school, he founded the Intellectual Property Association club, still in existence today.
Attorney Cables passion for Intellectual Property is also rooted in his appreciation for the creative mind. He too is a creative individual, finding joy in playing instruments, photography, and computer programming. Attorney Cable’s creative side also gave him the ability to relate to the creative individual. He therefore is an effective intellectual property attorney.
Attorney Cable’s contract practice involves all aspects, from formation, to execution, to compliance, and, in some case, breach of contract. His experience at all ends of the contract gives the ability to see all aspects of the contract.
Contract drafting is one of the most important parts of contract law, and is rarely done effectively. Effective contract drafting involves many steps, and the steps are unique to each contract. Attorney Cable shines in his ability to tailor the contract drafting process to the needs of the client.
As happens very frequently, contracts are broken. Breach of contract is one of the most common violations of law. The Law Offices of Marvin Cable handles breach of contract claims, on behalf of both the victims of breach and the ones being accused of breach of contract. Attorney Cable and his team is able to handle breach of contract claims in all of the various venues, informal, arbitration, small claims court, district court, superior court, and federal court.
Entertainment & Arts Attorney
The Law Offices of Marvin Cable represents artists, musicians, investors, business creatives, and other creative people. As already mentioned, Attorney Cable, as well as the members employees on his team, have an appreciation for the creative mind. Attorney Cable an avid musician, playing guitar, piano, and bass.
Several of the musicians represented by Attorney Cable internationally known artists. They commonly say that they prefer him as their attorney because of his disposition and personality. Upon meeting Attorney Cable in an informal setting, many clients remark some like, “you wouldn’t know he’s an attorney.” Attorney Cable’s personality and law practice aligns to the mantras, ‘no one likes a show off,’ and ‘actions speak louder than words.’
Internet, Technology, and Computers
Attorney Cable and his team handle many matters that take place in the arena of internet and computers. Many of these matters involve the theft of intellectual property, and many other times the matters involve breach of contract between people making transactions on websites and transations involving websites.
The Law Offices of Marvin Cable is one of the only law firms in Western Massachusetts that handles matters involving internet and computers. One of the reasons for the limited amount of attorneys in this field is because the complexity of the matters. The matters usually involve multiple fields of law, and each one of these fields are complex in and of themselves.
Examples of matters that arise in this field of law, are those involving breach of contract with web design firms. Many time web design firms will be hired to design a website for a business, and that business will eventually stop paying the fees owed to the web design firm. Attorney Cable has resented several web design firms in their quest to receive fees owed to them.
The Law Offices of Marvin Cable handles many legal issues that arise because of marijuana and its status in society. Here are some of Attorney Cable’s experiences:
- NORML (National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws) legal committee member – because of this group, have had many opportunities to work on many marijuana related issues, along with daily communications and discussions about marijuana reform with the most influential players in the field.
- Commonwealth v. Overmyer – As amicus curiae in the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, successfully argued that the odor unburnt marijuana alone does not constitute probable cause to search a vehicle.
- Commonwealth v. Canning – As amicus curiae in the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, successfully argued that for purposes of obtaining a search warrant, police are required to ascertain that an individual suspected of cultivating marijuana does not have a lawful medical marijuana license and a “cultivation registration” that would authorize such activity, or must provide facts at least supporting an inference of the same.
- Downing v. DPH – Represented the plaintiff in his lawsuit against the Department of Health, arguing that until medical marijuana dispensaries open in Massachusetts, people such as the Plaintiff may distribute marijuana to unlimited qualified medical marijuana patients. This case received national attention.
- Commonwealth v. DOE – In a district court case involving driving under the influence of marijuana, argued that standard field sobriety tests, as used by a majority of police officers, was designed solely to indicate alcohol intoxication, not marijuana intoxication. The standard field sobriety tests were the result of studies done by the Department of Transportation in the 70’s and 80’s, and were designed to indicate level of alcohol intoxication fairly accurately, not marijuana. This issue is still pending decision by an appellate Court.
- Commonwealth v. DOE – Successfully argued that once qualified medical marijuana patients present police required evidence of their status, police are not allowed to further investigate situation unless there is independent evidence of probable cause or reasonable of a crime or civil violation.
- Commonwealth v. DOE – In a district court case, successfully argued that hashish is covered under the medical marijuana law, because hashish is a derivative of marijuana, and the statute allows for derivatives of marijuana to be used.
- Forfeiture cases – represented clients in cases involving marijuana seizure by the government.
Medical marijuana dispensaries – represented several applicants for medical marijuana dispensaries in Massachusetts.
- Medical marijuana caregivers – advised dozens of caregivers as their duties and responsibilities under the law, and helped caregivers implement plan of action.
- Medical marijuana patients – advised dozens of medical marijuana patients as to their duties and responsibilities under the law, and helped patients implement plan of action.
Medical marijuana criminal defense – In the beginning months of the medical marijuana law’s implementation, lots of medical marijuana patients were arrested for their lawful possession of medical marijuana. The law enforcement community had not caught up to the law. Accordingly, I represented and advised many clients in that position.
- Legislative drafting – helped the legislation that is now in the house and senate of the Massachusetts Legislature: “An Act to regulate and tax the cannabis industry”, HOUSE DOCKET, NO. 3436.
- Bill Newman Show – a guest on local talk show several times regarding the topic of marijuana law. Also, recordings of my speeches have been played on the show.
- Extravaganja – honored speaker at UMASS’s Extravaganja for several years. One year, spoke alongside Dr. Lester Grinspoon, famed marijuana activist, Associate Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, and founding editor of The American Psychiatric Association Annual Review and the Harvard Mental Health Letter.
The Courts & Jurisdictions Attorney Cable & Co. Operate in:
Attorney Cable and his team practice nation-wide. The law firm represents and advises clients all over the country.
For matters requiring court appearances, however, Attorney Cable and his team mainly practice in Massachusetts’ courthouses.
In Hampshire County, Attorney Cable may be seen in:
- Belchertown District Court
- Northampton District and Superior Courts
- Orange District Court
- Greenfield District and Superior Courts
In Hampden County, Attorney Cable may represent clients in the:
- Springfield District and Superior Courts
- Westfield District Court
- Holyoke District Court
- Palmer District Court
- Chicopee District Court
In Worcester County, Attorney Cable practices in the:
- Worcester District and Superior Courts
- East Brookfield District Court
- Westboro District Court
- Dudley District Court
- Attleboro District Court
For federal cases, Attorney Cable has practiced in:
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- United States First Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court – District of California
Attorney Cable and his team are licensed to practice law in all state and federal courts in Massachusetts.